View Single Post
      08-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
Turhapuro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 s18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
I use a Parrot Minikit Slim in my Golf. Its a great piece of kit, very simple to use. Battery lasts an amazing 2 months with occasional use. It also fits very discreetly on the sunvisor so pretty much out of sight as well. Has voice control and a bargain at around £70 but download the manual from the Parrot website as the one that comes in the box is rubbish.
The kit looks good, and I'm sure it performs well, too, but I'm primarily looking for a system that would integrate with the car's stereo system. I'd prefer to be able to play music through it as well, as the capacity of a CD-ROM for MP3's is somewhat limited.

Guess I'm a bit spoiled with the iDrive (Navi-Pro) in my previous E91, and the MMI Plus in my current A6, and thus the idea of a somewhat integrated system appeals to me. If I was able to handle my music and my calls through, for example, a Nokia CK-600, that would cover most of my needs; only would need to use the portable navigator through it's own speakers. Only questions with the CK-600 are, whether there's a possibility to connect it to the Professional CD with a telephone mute -cord, and a stereo input, so that the music could be played through A2DP-connection, too.

I'm playing with the thought of a "light-install", too, and using the AUX-in for the connection to the hifi-system. This option would just render the HF useless when listening to the radio. Though, I expect to mainly listen to my MP3's, so this wouldn't be that much of an issue...
Appreciate 0