View Single Post
      05-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Why is the X1 so rare and mistreated? (Please Read)

Hello to my fellow BMW X1 siblings.

I have a few questions that is bugging me, and maybe someone on here can shed some lights.

Being that i am 18 years old and fairly new to the BMW world, maybe i am a bit naive, so here I go:

1. The X1 has alot of value for what it is. It is the cheapest BMW that they make, and offers alot of "bang for its buck". Compared to the 320i, which is somewhere in the 33K range, the X1 has the 328i's engine (240 Horsepower Turbo 4 N20 engine) and also has the Anti-Theft Alarm System. On the 3 and 4 series, lower models, its a 400$ option

In terms of leasing, they are relatively affordable, some in the range of the high 200 and low 300's, excluding highly packaged X1's.

The X1 and the 320i are in the same leasing range, yet the X1 still offers more.

I understand it is based on the last generation 3 series, and it may not be up to par as the 3 series, but it still packs a punch.

So why is the X1 so rare and unpopular?

I come from a rather Affluent area were you see Lamborghini's, Range Rovers, Ferrari's, and loads and loads of BMW's, yet on a busy day, i counted 100 328i's and only three X1's, excluding my own.

I even counted around 20 X3's and 50 X5's, and still only three X1's?

With a car so affordable and nice, I still have trouble understanding why they are so unpopular?

2. Following reading another post on this forum, i came to realize that alot of X1's are either Demo models, CPO's, or Loaner vehicles?

Could that be a reason why the X1 is so mistreated? certainly a car like this deserves more of a spot in the market as opposed to just being those three positions as mentioned above.

3. As mentioned above, i don't understand why the X1 doesn't appeal to the younger generation. The vast majority of X1's owners that i see are typically older people. A guy from sales at a dealership i was at, mentioned that he sold 10 X1's, and i was the first 18 year old he saw that wanted/owns an X1.
being that i am young and still can't get anything too expensive, the X1 was perfect for me, as the price was right, especially for a BMW.

The X1 may not be as seductive as a 3 series, i can give it that, its still such a nice car for the value and price.

The X1 however is still perfect for those with a budget, who wants a BMW, and the performance of a 328i. Yet don't want to stretch their wallets out too much.

4. Where is the individuality of the X1's out there?

The vast majority of X1's that i see, if ever, are usually always the same.

Most are black, white, or silver, and most are usually base.

Where are the oranges, Midnight Blues, Brown/Bronze metallic, X-Line package, sport line, M-Sport? Xenon headlights, chrome line exterior, and other modifications?

Apparently from both reading threads on this forum, and asking other people's opinions on colors, will usually be in the neighborhood of saying that the Orange and the Midnight blues are highly attractive colors on the X1.

Anyone else agree or disagree that there is not much individuality in X1's out there?

Also, before i end my questions/rant, i hope i didn't offend anyone with the stuff that i mentioned in this post. All of this is purely MY opinion, and i would like some feedback please, but if i rubbed you the wrong way? i apologize. I just want to be as friendly as possible, so i always like to add in some sweetness to my sourness. LOL

Thanks for reading!
hope to get some feedback
^______^
Appreciate 0