View Single Post
      11-16-2016, 12:52 PM   #17
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Ahhh, that is where the miscommunication is. That's my fault, not yours.

I was talking about adjusting them like all other coilovers I've owned RCE/KW/GC/etc., that adjust ride height only via the lower spring perch (your "preload" perch).

Didn't realize you were referring to the lower sleeve position for ride-height dictation. Hence, you mentioned cutting the strut housing to shorten it, and I was confused. Makes sense now. I'm an idiot.

With that being said, I don't see any good reason why you couldn't simply use the top perch(s), your "preload" perches, to adjust ride height, as done on many, many coilovers. A helper and lowering the perload perch farther would get you there, with the helper allowing you to change ride height without significantly preloading the main spring and losing any stroke. Which is what the design of your coilovers are meant to acheive.

Set the height max low on the bottom, and do whatever other height adjustments you need with the upper spring perch.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...oilover-works/

Go to the preload section. You'd essentially be adjusting your coilovers like you would slip-fit types, or other types that don't have separate adjustments. Not a big deal for the street, at all, imho...particularly if you use a helper.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)

Last edited by PrematureApex; 11-16-2016 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0