View Single Post
      11-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #7
D Unit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 x1 s28i

After zero response from BC or Vivid Racing (forum sponsor), I had to do come up with my own solution. I basically went from this ---> --->

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanpaglia View Post
Someone else had this exact problem and that's why I went with KW instead of BC.
Smart choice but KW doesn't make anything for the RWD x1. I'm not ready to give up on the BCs just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybmr View Post
I Had that problem with BC they sat higher in front than rear. H&R and stock shocks sat lower. Saving up for KW. Had to return BC and took 1 month to get my refund....
I'll try to get some today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
Is the issue the threaded strut body bottoming out in the lower sleeve? Or that the spring perch collar hits the lower sleeve before your desired ride height is achieved?

If the latter, can you just take a hack saw to the lower sleeve (or otherwise have shortened), removing about an inch or so?
At first I thought I could hack saw the threaded sleeve, but the theaded sleeve is actually the damper (threaded) so it can't be cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themishmosh View Post
Yeah, you do have a legitimate beef there. You might have been better off with H&R/Bilsteins if that can't be rectified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybmr View Post
I Had that problem with BC they sat higher in front than rear. H&R and stock shocks sat lower. Saving up for KW. Had to return BC and took 1 month to get my refund....
I actually believe there is a solution. I'm going to use helper springs so I can drop the preload a bit. Performance should be the same after I cut the bump stops to compensate for the reduced strut travel.

Luckily I found a youtube video of someone who has already done it. I believe he explains it perfectly.
Appreciate 0