View Single Post
      11-12-2016, 09:26 AM   #1
D Unit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 x1 s28i

BC Coilovers not low enough in the front for e84... options?

Installed my BCs with upgraded Swift springs and what a disappointment... Don't get me wrong, the car rides great once I figured my front/rear dampening settings, but the front ride height is still 40mm higher than I want it to be. Truly disappointing since I've had BCs on two other cars too (mini cooper s & e36 m3).

Seems like someone else had this problem on an earlier BMW e28. When you adjust the fronts all the way down, they will eventually hit the bottom of the strut housing. I even re-adjusted to minimal preload in the front to try to drop it down 5mm lower.

Granted my front tire is 1" shorter than stock (from 26" to 25"), I didn't think the 1/2" delta from top of the tire to fender would be that huge of a difference. I emailed Vivid Racing (our board Sponsor) and BC tech support. Hopefully they can send me a shorter body threaded damper for the front.

BTW, please spare negative comments about lower ride height. I already have an x5 4.8is for the family... I happily drive my x1 like a car and was going for the wagon-look.
Appreciate 0