View Single Post
      10-29-2014, 07:14 AM   #11
themishmosh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxx1918 View Post
The Countryman is not a much smaller vehicle than the X1. My X1 and the wife's Countryman are parked side by side every night and they are of very similar size. The X1 is a bit longer and the Countryman is a bit taller, but they are very similar in size. The Countryman actually has more rear seat legroom than my X1. Perhaps you've never seen the two vehicles side by side.

If you'd rather have an E90 3 series instead of the current X1 then that's what you should drive. That's why car companies make different vehicles. We also had an E90 3 series sedan. It was a great car but the X1 offers more utility with the hatchback, the roof rails and the extra ground clearance for the snow.
I was only comparing them on paper. The specs seem to indicate the X1 is larger and heavier:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/car-...ountryman_2014

For the record, I wrote that I'd rather have an E90 3 series than the current [3 series]. Obviously, I just bought an 2015 X1 because that's what I wanted lol. Thanks for letting me know that I can buy what I want though...
Appreciate 0