Redsoxx1918
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by themishmosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxx1918 View Post
[url] My wife has a 2013 FWD countryman S, and that thing is a blast to drive.
The countryman is a much smaller vehicle than the X1. I think it remains to be seen whether the upcoming X1 will be better than the current. I for sure would rather have an E90 3 series than the current model. I don't think BMW cares as long as the sales are what they expect. I am most concerned about the electric steering more than the FWD or handling. There is something so special with the pleasure and feel of hydraulic steering that simply cannot be emulated.
The Countryman is not a much smaller vehicle than the X1. My X1 and the wife's Countryman are parked side by side every night and they are of very similar size. The X1 is a bit longer and the Countryman is a bit taller, but they are very similar in size. The Countryman actually has more rear seat legroom than my X1. Perhaps you've never seen the two vehicles side by side.

If you'd rather have an E90 3 series instead of the current X1 then that's what you should drive. That's why car companies make different vehicles. We also had an E90 3 series sedan. It was a great car but the X1 offers more utility with the hatchback, the roof rails and the extra ground clearance for the snow.
Appreciate 0