View Single Post
      02-14-2017, 08:15 PM   #10
txskibum_bmw
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW x135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
But sure, if you're making more power, you're polluting more. But that doesn't make much sense, as if you're using any more throttle than you absolutely have to while driving, you're polluting more. And as you said, you already bought a heavy turbocharged car, so you could have done better in that regard.
I meant the tree-hugger as a bit of a self-deprecating joke . I have a 1700CC drag bike (Yamaha warrior) and an Land Rover LR3 as my other vehicles...if I were really concerned about the environment I suppose I would pick more efficient vehicles in general

However, there is something I personally don't like about removing a cat or modifying a car to the point it couldn't pass emissions without some sort of defeat device installed. I certainly don't judge anyone else or claim my perspective is reasonable or should be widely adopted...but that's where I am at for my own vehicles. If my wife would let me, I would buy a 2 year old stingray in a heartbeat (which could pass emissions even though it is a ridiculous car for someone who cars about that sort of thing...I am odd I suppose.)

Most of the mod advice I have seen includes a catless DP in the chain at some point, so I wasn't sure what other mods are reasonable if I refuse to do the catless DP.
Appreciate 0