Thread: 2016 X1
View Single Post
      06-07-2015, 07:09 PM   #54
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Personally I love all the changes they have made to the new X1. Just about every complaint I had about my current car has been addressed.

I had pretty much decided I was going to get a different vehicle when my lease is up next year, but now I could see myself getting another X1.

I do realize that there is a small percentage of X1 owners who bought their vehicles because they liked that the X1 could be kind of a performance type of hot hatch/wagon like a VW GTI of sorts. But understand that there is a reason why BMW decided to call it an X1. It is supposed to be a smaller version of the X3 & X5. That was its purpose in the BMW lineup. I think those that want a hot-hatch type of BMW would actually prefer the regular 1-series. But apparently there is not enough of you to make a business case for selling that car in the US as BMW only sells it in Europe. How about the new Golf R? I would definitely be looking at that if I wanted that kind of vehicle.

For me, I purchased the X1 because I need a more upright seating position than a regular hatch or sedan will provide because of a back injury I suffered. Otherwise I have a great deal of pain on longer trips. So the higher seating position of the new X1 is a big plus to me. I also love the new interior, way nicer than the current car.

As for the exterior looks, I like that it looks like a mini X3. I always thought the X3 looked nicer than the X1, but it was just bigger than what I needed and was too expensive for me. I had been thinking I was going to get a Mercedes GLA or Audi Q3 next time around, but now I think I will most likely be staying with BMW.

I love the look of the M-sport interior with the blue stitching in the leather. Hopefully I'll be able to swing an M-sport.
Appreciate 0