View Single Post
      02-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

I had a F2x (5 doors) 1 series as a company car and now I have a X1 (E84) off my own.

I have the idea I sit higher and I am probably right. (19cm above between ground and car) Also I feel that the car has a little bit more room inside. Build on base of the 3 series and not on base of 1 serie has something to do with it, panoramic sunroof on the X1 give's the idea as well of having more *******.
Looking from the outside I don't think the car is very big, standing behind a X6 I think I will fit in the trunk and when the X1 is behind me I will think it will eat me.
Inside riding I don't feel like I am driving a jeep and sitting very high, I have a good view position over the traffic however.

A X1 doesn't ride like a 1 series tho. Only can compare stock suspensions ofc.

The 116d had had sporty feeling suspension even when it was the normal stock one (16" BMW rims), confort was good for me but can imagen many people find it to hard. Even with only the 115hp I had the idea the car could keep up with other traffic, the car was never tail happy (due to lack off power and good tires).

My X1 (xdrive23da) has also the stock suspension (18" BMW rims and ROF tires). I the beginning I needed to get used on the fact the car feels jumpy on the road.

When taking high speed corners however the car hangs to it side, as long you don't need to go hard in the breaks, have bad weather and road conditions are you are taking S-corners you are fine.

Well, you will have to drive a X1 buddy! I was sold the first minute I was in the damn thing. The car has he's up and down sides (for everyone they are different) so you have to figure out if it is the car for you. Some down sides are scrapped with the right option or tuning however.

Good luck making your choice.
Appreciate 0