12-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #61
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewuk View Post
BMW charge £840 but that includes steel wheels, trims and all the wheel swap service.

Currently cheapest on the internet (for the same size) I can find is £231 each. http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...110&sowigan=Wi

So BMW are cheaper!

Proper price is probably more like £150 each. So a £240 premium gets the steel wheels, trim and all the BMW service elements. Each change takes '1 or 2' hours according to the service manager (I think they need to balance them and, of course, check them in and out of storage - it's certainly a little more involved than just swapping wheels) so I feel far from ripped off.
Gatekeeper, As Matthew says above it works out to £210 per tyre but that includes rims/trim, 2 free changes/year and storage of the alternate set. Cheapest I could find the same tyres for are £169 per tyre. But then nobody has them in stock after the bad weather we have had. Another thing is that in the UK some insurance companies have problems/issues with after market rims/tyres. Having BMW fit them retains all the warranties/insurance etc. Hope that makes sense?

Matthew, not got the set yet as they are out of stock. Did manage to convince them to give it to me for free so its on order.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0