07-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #33
adk749
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
It is very romantic story but doesn't make sense. Especially when you look at the marketing photos. It is almost marketed as rich parents willing to give a gift to their 18 year old as high school graduation. They don't wanna spend as much, yet want a classy one to complement dads M6.

The difference between x3 and x1 looks so subtle. I hope I am wrong after I see the dimensions, from pics it looks as big as x3 to me.
Funny, that story is partly true (names were changed). As far as your comment "It is almost marketed as rich parents willing to give a gift to their 18 year old as high school graduation.", in the Bergen County NJ area there are plenty of X3s, X5s, M3s, 328s, 335s, and Z4s that have big graduation ribbons on them in the driveway as graduation gifts. I believe the X1 will fill a spot in the BMW line-up, just as the 1er has. Ultimately, the consumer will decide on its potential success or failure.
2009 135i Coupe, 6 Speed MT, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Leatherette, High Gloss Black Trim, Sports Package, BMW Assist, iPod/USB Adapter, Heated Seats | Ordered: 5/18/09 Completed: 6/2/09 Shipped: 6/11/09 Delivered: 7/2/09
Appreciate 0