View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #19
jwjarrett
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

Just picked up my X1 last week and, after worrying about not buying the technology package during the entire production and delivery period, I'm now happy that I didn't buy it. The reason is that I use my iPhone for almost everything, including music and GPS/navigation, and the X1 stock stereo's iPhone connection allows me to see and pick from all playlist names from iTunes and see all song names on the stereo screen. When I ordered the car, I thought that it would have to play my iTunes music through the Aux input on the stero, but I didn't expect to be able to control my iPhone and see the song/playlist names on the stereo text screen. So, I was very pleasantly surprised when I found that I could see and control my music on the iPhone while driving home from the dealership the first night. In addition, while listening to music this way, my navigation app (Waze) on my iPhone still works through the car speakers and the iPhone turns down the music volume automatically when the navigation messages are spoken. Also, the X1's bluetooth cellphone works flawlessly, and again the iPhone turns off the music when using the phone and then turns it back on again when finished. I'm sure that the X1 technology/ultimate package would have been much better and probably worth the money, but the X1 stereo and my iPhone work well enough as a technology package for my needs.

Last edited by jwjarrett; 10-08-2012 at 03:16 AM..
Appreciate 0