View Single Post
      12-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #5
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Here's a post from BIMMERFEST in 2011 in regards to a 3 series, sums up my thoughts exactly ...

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. With so many people who LOVE their rain sensor and so many people who HATE the rain sensor, there is only one explanation. All of us who hate the rain sensors have defective rain sensors. Reading the description of how the wipers worked for those who love them is a far cry from my driving experience. So I will paint a picture....

Imagine every time it rains out, you play around with the stick and the button on the stick and the wheel on the stick for ten minutes. Then after all that, you just say **** it and you put it into high mode. But then high mode is just too fast, so you just say **** it again and you just keep hitting the manual down every few seconds for the remainder of your drive or the rain, whatever ends first. BMW Fail.

That makes me think that these little widgets vary greatly in their build quality and effectiveness. How can you tell if a rain sensor is not working 'optimally'? Hard to without going through multiple iterations of the above driving experience."
Appreciate 0