Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by magbarn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Your comment makes no sense, however, since this engine will offer performance that is as good or better than the naturally aspirated inline 6 it replaces. Also, there is no Civic or Focus with anwhere near 250hp, nor with a turbocharged engine in the US, although there will be the Focus ST Ecoboost in a year's time.
It's not power, it's the NVH of the motor. I still haven't met a 4 banger that I've liked. By BMW putting a 4 banger which essentially has the same harmonics as a cheap ass Civic, it's a downgrade. I6 will always be a smoother engine. The saying goes "you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig"
Well with your nose so out of joint about 4 cylinders, does this mean that you haven't driven an s14, a Mitsubishi Evo?, scooby STI or legacy gt, or the Acura rsx, integra, or the Honda s2000? And of course there is the Audi 1.8 and the Mazda miata.

By the way, the harmonics of a four cylinder are only bad when the displacement gets up higher than 2.25 liters, which is why most of the motors mentioned above are under that size.
Appreciate 0