View Single Post
      10-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

I own a 2010 23d Xdrive that is fully loaded. It was originaly an SE Xline, but I had it modified to MSport spec by a BMW main dealer (see my post 'not for the sqeamish', and for some interior pictures - Boras most recent post re his 2.0 MSport).

No problems with the car except windscreen rubber seal creating a noise (now fixed). I have a personal gripe about the interior door handles as they are very cheap, and this is a premium product!

Performance is excellent on all road surfaces (I've got sports seats, 18" wheeels with run flats and sports suspension. The car comes alive in sports mode.

Before owning the X1 I owned a Porsche Boxster S Sport Edition, and while the X1 is not 'quite' in the same category for performance it's close. It wins on comfort and practicality every time. I'm 6' 4" tall and feel comfortable in the car. More importantly I still felt fresh after a recent 350 mile journey in heavy traffic on a cross section of road types/conditions.

As DUH Car says take it for an extended test drive, and my bet is you will be smiling at the end.
Appreciate 0