View Single Post
      05-26-2015, 03:04 PM   #75
DarrenBM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0d xDrive SE

One aspect that drew me to the X1 was it rarity. My previous cars were rare 2 seaters (E86 Z4 Coupes) and wanted something completely difference but again not too common. I liked the X1 when they first came out and in 2010 or 11 had one as a courtesy car while my Z4 M Coupe was in for servicing. A year or so later I made the switch. Part of the reason was for getting it was also to reduce my costs as I used to drive a lot of miles a year but since getting the X1 my circumstances have changed so now not driving many miles. It's a great all-rounder and nice to be able to just get in a drive it - I'm less an*l about it as although it's a great car to me it's more of an everyday tool but stilll love it don't get me wrong. I know if winter gets bad it'll still get me around. I can go places I would be afraid to go in a sports car.

I've now owned mine since August 2012, bought when it was 10 months old with just 2000 miles on it. It's now only done 17,000 miles. I was expecting it to be at 100k miles by now but as mentioned life has changed a bit . I want to get a Porsche next but want to keep the X1 too so may leave it another year or two.

Think mine has a reasonable spec. It's only a 2.0diesel (in in the UK) and I do sometimes wish it had 17" wheels rather than 18's but other than that completely happy with it

The X1 even in bland space grey does attract attention and often when I tell people what i have they have no idea at first - they can't picture what the X1 looks like.
Appreciate 0