View Single Post
      05-26-2015, 02:31 PM   #72
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I agree with everyone.

The 3 Series Wagon is starts at 41K

The X1 starts at 31K, so the 3 series wagon is a 10K dollar difference.

Heres the thing, the 3 series Wagon and the X1 both have the same BMW N20 Engine - 240 horsepower, so both are more or less the same in terms of performance.

The extended length of the wagon, is what makes the 3 series wagon, more of a wagon, and the X1 looking like a small SUV.

The only thing that i will give the 3 series wagon over the X1, excluding the fact that the 3 series wagon is more "updated" than the X1, such as gauges, the screen, the rocker switch etc.

If you want a wagon with a diesel engine, you have no choice but to get the 328D, at least here in the US, the X1 is unavailable with the Diesel engine, so that might narrow the search.

I just checked the website today and i dont think the wagon is available with the diesel anymore? i could be wrong

as for the X1
I am from Beverly Hills, and you see the 3,5,6,7,x3,x5 series EVERYWHERE YOU TURN

You can't go anywhere in that town without seeing one of those cars. So as mentioned i still see no X1's, they are super rare, even in bougie town, lol

Heres another notice: most X1's are usually black, white, or gray and are usually base.

I can tell if an X1 has I-Drive and the back up camera as if you look in the back you'll see the parking sensors. However, at least here in the US, you can't get a back up camera without getting I-drive, so it is still rare to see an X1 that is fully loaded.

I have yet so see any X1's with the Sport Line Trim, same with X-Line, although my friend does own an X1 with the X-line trim, but other than that, i have yet to see another one.

I still don't understand why the X1's don't come more equipped?

My cousin, just got a new X1, thanks to me because mine was the first he has ever seen, he got his from the BMW in Chandler, AZ

And his came "weirdly" optioned if that makes sense..
It came with the Valencia Orange and the Technology package and thats it

Mine for example, just the midnight blue and the sunroof....

I still think more variety would help people.

But i agree, i like it being rare, as most people are still unaware of the X1's prowess.
I especially stand out with the midnight blue and the half X-Line package i have retrofitted.

The best thing, no one believes how fast the X1 is.....
Its basically a 328i in disguise, so it doesn't slouch what so ever, hahha
Appreciate 0