View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
fdpxfunix
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

Hi all

Today a new poly belt and pulley were fitted to my X1. Took the dealer about 1h 30m to fit the kit, but the issue has now been resolved! The new poly belt has been uprated (so the dealer says) and the new pulley has a much rougher surface for the belt to grip to. From what I could gather it’s all part of the fan belt system.

If I’m being picky there's still a very slight thrum noise on first engaging the clutch and pulling away, but nothing compared to what it was like. In fact... you can now here the familiar sound of a diesel engine as you pull away. Also at a standstill with the ASS turned off it's so much quieter. Even up a speed it seems quieter.

So for now (only driven 7 miles) I’m happy. Got my usual 102 mile round trip to work tomorrow, so I'll be listening very carefully for noises.

J.

PS. Clutch still seems juddery, but just like my old Subaru Impreza... only when cold or driving off very gently. Give it some beans it feels fine. Going to see if it gets any worse between now and April 2013 and get it sorted under warranty again, which expires in May 2014.

Last edited by fdpxfunix; 10-11-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0