View Single Post
      04-21-2023, 02:11 PM   #5
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I feel for you. I was just trying to replace the volume knob on my E90, which is just supposed to pull off, but it would not budge. That stupid cap would come off and fly everywhere, nearly losing it twice myself.

You may just want to buy a new knob, though be careful and do your due diligence, as I just learned, since I apparently bought the wrong knob, in spite of ECS confirming it was the right one. Luckily, it still somehow went on, fits, and works though.

Actually, if the old one for that is indeed the same part # as on our E84's, which it probably is, and I haven't done any damage to my cap, which just presses back on, you can probably just have that lil disk/cap if you want. The knob I took off seems to be part #65129114289, which I couldn't see and didn't realize it had a weird chrome base too until I removed it. Looks like that's $19 new at FCP Euro as I've considered buying a new/right one.

I bought part #65129231059, which looks nearly identical, only it doesn't have chrome base. The internals are slightly different, too. I don't know if the site will allow me to put links to FCP Euro or ECS in here. Anyways, I still have the old knob and have no use for it. I was replacing mine since I just bought the car used and the black black plastic part you'd turn was a little sticky/gummy, so just wanted a new one. If you check realoem or confirm it's the right part number, happy to send this your way for whatever cheap postage might cost for this pesky lil thing. Let me know.
I've done some checking, and I can't determine if the silver caps are the same, but for the tiny amount in shipping, I'll absolutely take the chance, thanks for that nice offer. I've send you a PM.
Appreciate 0