View Single Post
      03-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

2012 Versus 2013

Ok, so I might consider replacing my 2012 with a new 2013 X1.
I want to get rid of my Run Flat Tires, they suck big time from comfort point of view plus one of them decided to have a screw on it, so I have payd today $530 to replace it (one tire!). Second, my 318 wheels are very nice but you must be a gynecologist to be able to wash them inside and the dust drives me nuts. Yes, I know BMW special brush, bla bla, but it takes a lot of time and I still manage to hurt my hands anytime I wash them, and I am a clean freak. So I was looking at the 355 wheels from the X1 M Sport package because they are 5 spoke and very accesible for washing. I know they say that the suspension is tuned fo these tires (I am not really buying that), however, changing 17" RFT with 18 non runflat should be kinda the same from the suspension point of view. So, before I am buying new wheels and spend $3000, I got the ideea of replacing the car. New exterior mirrors are nicer on the 2013 LCI model, however the rear bumper is worse than my 2012 which I found it with a more simpler and beautiful design and with the back up sensors much nicer placed.

Anyway, playing with "Build and price" tool I can see some other differences than my 2012:

1. First of all BMW sucks in Canada, they don't offer the M package for the 28i in Canada like they do in the US. Only on 335. WHY BMW?
I don't want the 335 engine, the 8 speed transmission is in my opinion much much nicer than the 6 speed, plus the gas consumption is almost 2l less/100km. Not to mention we love our 28i and the power is plenty for our needs. This car is excellent if you know how to drive it.

2. Why they don't offer the beige leather in interior with the X Line? If I pick beige interior (which I like) they cancel the X-Line. How dumb is that? I might consider the Oyster interior but the overhead liner is grey? Black in the bottom, oyster in the middle and grey on the top? Three colors? It doesn't really works for me. Actually four, because the wood trim is brown; or in my car right now I have the "Diamond Black" wood trim which is absoluytely fantastic and works great with the black.

3. I looked on the 2013 pictures and I found that the over-head console is different. Where is the passanger airbag and S.O.S. Button on the new 2013? See attached picture.

4. The new 2013 does not have the headlamps washer? Because in the "Build and price" pictures they don't show. On the forum I have seen M package with washers but not on the 28i.

5. The Harman Kardon Hi-Fi sound system with two subwoofers is it standard on the Xline or not? I couldn't figure it out (The X-Line pictures do not show the Harman Kardon badge on the doors speakers).

I am not sure if there are differences between the US X-Line and the canadian one, so if some canadians colleagues will give me their input that will be greatly apreciated. Thank you.
Attached Images

Last edited by Teutonic; 03-22-2013 at 01:05 AM..
Appreciate 0