08-16-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
Xeins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 S20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker View Post
Hi everyone

I have a 2.0D X-Drive and it's got a strange problem which is proving hard to resolve. A PUMA is currently open with BMW and so far their two suggestions hasn't cured it.

Basically, when you first start the engine there is a squeek like the fanbelt is slipping. It seems to happen more when then car engine has warmed up. Sods law, it's never done it at the dealership, but I recorded it for them so they can hear it.

It has had 3 fan belts and a tension pulley, then when the PUMA was raised. BMW's first suggestion was replace the fan belt and tension pulley at the same time. Then their 2nd suggestion was replace all pulleys and the fanbelt. So now waiting for suggestion number 3 today.

Could I ask if anyone else is having this issue? You might not notice if you have the windows up, so after a trip, could you possibly turn the engine off, open your window and then restart the engine again and see if any of you have this squeek?

I opened the bonnet and both my wife and I agreed it's coming from the drives side. I have no idea what in that area though.

Or if you've had this squeek, what cured it?

Many thanks in advance.
Yes... Mine as the same problem..... please let us know for more news...
Appreciate 0