Thread: Dinan Sport
View Single Post
      08-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #56
bratwurst1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i X drive

Mine is installed. Took all of one minute once I stared at two sensors that look a like for a bit. I determined the one closest up to engine cover was MAF and the one further back in the inlet pipe was the right one. I hope.

I don't have much miles on it as in the city but initial impressions are good. In sport + mode it just feels all around more stout. Between shifts under full throttle you definitely hear BOV now which was not case before. In race mode it is really noticeable acceleration improvement and especially with trans in sport mode. BOV noise even more noticeable at shifts, I like it. I felt fast and furious!

Questions for Dinan:

1) Is it safe to drive around race mode frequently?
2) When in stock mode, is it doing anything or is simply bypassed all together?
3) Does it know what mode trans is in and is anything changed as a result?

4) Questions about app?

- When you press that little blue down arrow the one that say must be in boost gauge mode it seems to shift the gauge from negative or vacuum to starting point of 0psi. It does also seem to affect the max boost registered? What am I missing or what is this doing/saying?

I could only glance but seemed to be hitting 16psi at Sport+and 18psi in race but again, quick glance at gauge but clear difference.

-Is it instant like the app shows when you switch between modes.

Last edited by bratwurst1; 08-05-2016 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0