View Single Post
      10-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
tctnac
Rep
Drives: 2003 X5(sold), 2008 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinemind View Post
All,

I don't think there have been any leaks or rumors for getting the 8 speed automatic transmission on the x1 x35i model.

Has anyone heard of rumblings for a MY2014 revision to include this option? I hate to say it but it is the one thing holding me back from switching from my 2009 335i xDrive to this car. I currently have the 6 speed auto and with the new 335i having the option of the 8 speed, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't extend that to the x1. Suffice to say, I'm not as "down" on the 6 speed automatic mated to the N55 like most people, but if it's coming down the pike in a year, I can definitely hold off for it.
It's seemmingly people are comparing 8sp vs. 6sp, which is not the question of the original thread. I also awaiting for more information about 8sp on X35i. I will order X1 X35i immediately once 8sp is available. I can wait for one more year, if it's won't happen I propably go with X1 s28i. I am guessing that they will update the transmission in next couple months once all 6sp transmissions are used up...
Appreciate 0