View Single Post
      12-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #30
rboynton
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Rear Bumper Protection RearGuard

Several small scratches on top/edge of rear bumper from loading. Discussed with my BMW dealer's parts guy and all they had to offer was a skirt you can pull out of trunk to cover bumper while loading. Looked on-line and all the offerings I saw looked like they covered the flat top of bumper, but NOT the contoured edge itself. By comparison, my 3-series E46 wagon came standard with a sensible protective cover on the edge.

Reading this thread. I called NGP Racing (New German Performance -- www.ngpracing.com) and ordered a RearGuard for my 2014 X1 (not a Sport or X-Line, just a straight X1). The website was confusing, but a phone call worked it out. Installed a couple weeks ago. It's an excellent fit and doesn't look like an add-on. Contours perfectly to the bumper, wraps over the edge, and thin enough to not interfere with opening the tailgate. The flat black looks original (see attached pic). Since it is relatively hard material and contours around the edge, a *perfect* installation is critical -- clean surface, centered, aligned over edge. I used edge of masking tape to mark my positioning before adhering in place. (Not much room for error. Position it wrong and you may catch the opening gate.)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0