View Single Post
      10-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
///Marko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 35d lci

Theres some thoughts of a test drive. Like other people said, the car was very close with the E91 touring.

The car I drove was BMW X1 23d and it has 204 hp. Theres some options like xenon headlights, sport seats, sport steering wheel, x-line, sun protection glass, armrest, automatic air conditioning and cruise control with brake activity.

The motor of the car was pretty loud, it was a surprise that any BMW diesel motor could bring so much noise. This was the first time when I drove 2.0 diesel 204 hp twin turbo engine and I prefer the single turbo model which has 177 hp for saving some ears and money.

The X1s interior is a great example of how to create a cabin out of plastic that doesn't feel cheap. Treated with an interesting matte finish, the interior won't fool you into thinking that you've settled into a luxury SUV, but it still feels quality and sporty. Or is it SAV in this case (sport activity vehicle)? The leather seats is an option and it could bring more luxury feeling to the car.

The ride comfort was good enough for SAV, I havenīt got any of expectations. I think the X1 is suited to urban driving. The tires was studded Continental 225/50-17". It was good on the motorway, the steering was sharp but when I drive a BMW, I always remember those feelings that only 3-series 6-pot diesel could give. That 3.0 liter 245 hp motor could fit in this SAV perfectly too. The BMW company probably saves it for the upcoming X3. I just be curious to see and drive the X1 with sport suspension and performance control which wasnīt available at this time.

X1 is a good car, I think itīs way better than current X3. But in my life situation Iīll go with E90.

Some pictures:

Appreciate 0