View Single Post
      03-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #16
AusX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Sure, but my point is, in Aus1 case, it's a whole different ball game.
Contrary to our urban, semi-urban or even country roads, there is no service station for miles, and street lightning is not existent in the middle of the bush.
Trying to repair a flat on the side of the road might become a life or death situation (Passing traffic, thugs, vengeful kangeroos and other wild animals, meteorits, MadMax ... you name it!)

Being able to continue driving a car with a flat tire in these conditions make sense.
I hadn't thought of being sandwiched between a kangaroo through the windscreen and the spare wheel at my back!

Seriously though, it's a great point that any spare really needs to be bolted down or in a separate compartment. The Australian X1's come with the cargo net/barrier as standard, but unless it's kevlar reinforced or something I can't see it'd help much.

It's good to hear the confidence you all have in RFT. A lot of people just complain about not having a spare and how poor they ride/handle.

Might have to set up a roof box to put the spare in if I'm really heading into the middle of nowhere.
Appreciate 0