View Single Post
      09-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
DarrenBM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0d xDrive SE

Finally bought!

Hi,
After posting a message here now again over the past year or maybe two I have finally decided to buy one. Picking up my new(to me) Nov 2011 XDrive 2.0d later this week. It was a hard decision partly as it's not the type of car I would usually buy, at least historically. I went on and off the idea. This year I looked again at the X1, new 1 series and even E92 3 series. Finally I decided to just buy the X1 which gives me the best of many worlds. They look good, can look fairly sporty, drives like a 3 series but has the space and ground clearance and also 4wd to be a brilliant all rounder. I had one as a courtesy car a year ago and found it to be a great car

I'll likely be covering many miles in this car and want to keep this car for many years. My current car (a Z4 M!) is of course very different. I shall miss the Z4 M but know I will soon adapt to what the X1 can offer me, and especially that much needed rear space.

The car is in Space Grey and has the following options:

18" Y-spoke style 322 light alloy wheels
Black trim. high-gloss
BMW Assist
BMW Assist online portal
Comfort package
Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionali
Ext. mirrors - folding. auto dimming
Exterior trim. High-gloss Shadowline
Leather interior
Metallic paint
Navigation System Business
Car has covered a little over 3200 miles.
Ideally I wanted sports seats and xenons but very hard to find the exact spec unless buying new. So after trying it for size and comfort I decided this was my choice.

Darren

Last edited by DarrenBM; 09-02-2012 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0