View Single Post
      12-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
I thought that the new thing was how seamless the switchover was? So far, I think it's only the Acura RDX that has the new version.
Edmunds says it is seamless:
Quote:
Driving Impressions

Along with its stronger performance (about a half-second quicker to 60 mph) and higher fuel economy, the V6 in the 2013 Acura RDX also provides smoother, more linear response than the old turbo-4 setup. Fuel-saving cylinder-deactivation technology, which can shut down two or even three cylinders while cruising under light load conditions, is seamless in action -- we never heard or felt it during our time with the RDX.
I would not be in favor to BMW deploying such a system. I support the BMW turbo setups all the way. It allows tree huggers to drive in ECO-PRO 24/7 while enthusiasts can utilize the turbos and even tune for more performance! Every other turbo-4 out there seems to have more lag compared to the N20. I also doubt cylinder deactivation is compatible with forced induction so no tuning.

Honda/Acura caters to the masses now (the RDX is a great value...just not fun). The Honda I once knew is dead (I still love my S2000!).
Appreciate 0