mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBM View Post
Hi,
Anyone tested the 2.0 and 2.3 diesel engines for an extended period? Is it a case of getting the most powerful, or is the 2.0 a sweeter engine? I heard the 2.3 in the 1 series can be a bit gruff? Ideally I would like to try both myself but wondering what the opinion of others is.

Currently speccing up a new X1, first ever new car for me. Want to get the spec exactly right as this needs to be a long term car. Before deciding on the X1 I looked at non-BMW options(including Daihatus Terios) and BMW options (including the 1/3 series). As I'm quite active I think the X1 xDrive will suit me very well and enhance my lifestyle and I'll be better prepped for anymore harsh winters

Was looking at white but found the titanium silver/redbrown leather is grabbing my attention with the 319 wheels.ANyone have pics of this combo?

Any options worth avoiding/definately worth having in this type of car ?
Are the standard 17" tyres all-season? ANy good in snow?

Darren
Hi Darren, welcome here

As many options there are as many opinions there are and of course not each country represented here has the same emphasis on the "right" options.

Why don't you post what you would like/are thinking to put on and I am sure you will have lots of comments and feedback.

As a starter: Nope the tyres on the X1 are not suited for snow and ice although the 4x4 will go further than the 2x4. I am ordering a set of Michelin X-Ice or Alpins for the winter oop north.
Appreciate 0