View Single Post
      05-13-2015, 10:54 PM   #146
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock96 View Post
Fantastic build thread! Thanks for sharing all the info you have done. I am going to take some of your idea put into practice and use them as well.

That is one amazing X1.

I did have a question, have you noticed any excess oil usage due to the track runs and using the JB4?

I read that the JB4 produces up to 23psi which seems like quite a bit and I was concerned about engine longevity, but with you running full track days at that boost level without issue, I thought I would ask.
I have noticed some. It is strange though - sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. It is never anything like 2L, but after a full track weekend of 2-3 days with 2.5 hours of track time per day, more often than not once I arrive home it will ask me to add a liter. I find typically it burns about .5L to 1L for every 300-400 track miles. But also keep in mind I am using non-oem oil, Shell Rotella T6. To be honest, oil consumption increased after switching to Rotella - though I cannot be sure if this is because my skill level and other mods increased as well. Blackstone reports come back great with Rotella so I am sticking with it. Part of me thinks it is because the oil is getting so hot and thinning out due to my damaged oil cooler - it will be interesting to see if it happens with my new custom one being made.

If you have the JB4 you won't even come close to 23 psi of boost on the 35i engine. Map 1 is 12psi, Map 2 is 14psi, map 5 auto corrects depending on octane with a max of around 18psi.
Appreciate 0