07-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #33
zero-2-sixty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

Re: 6cyl - not a weak argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
The six cylinder argument is weak in my opinion. They don't offer the X1 in a six outside of North America. It sells better in other markets. The 4 in the X1 has a lot more power than the six in my previous BMW. I would consider the engine in my X11 a performance engine. Many the 6 cylinder was not a big seller on a car that wasn't a big seller in the US.
My point was that the 6cyl was a performance option for enthusiasts that like more power...btw, your point about the power comparison is useless apples to oranges comparison. Oh and most new premium turbo 4cyl have more power than older generation 6cyl. The N55 is a great engine to tune? Now to your only valid point - the 6cyl option did not sell well. You are correct and I understand why BMW stopped selling it...then again BMW's 8cyl offerings are not huge sellers and they remainin the same line up. I see many more 528i and 535i than 550i on the road. Had this new X1 remained Rwd configuration, it stands to reason that the 6cyl may (emphasis added) still have been offered. Look....just enjoy your X1 and if you don't like it sell it and indulge in new FWD based model. I will not as the target market for the new X1 has changed. I will scope a Porsche Macan S or VW Golf R (if I want a hatch)
Appreciate 0