View Single Post
      02-12-2016, 09:47 AM   #2
spoolinX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawdevil View Post
Does anyone know how to remove the rear passenger lights? I am trying to replace those yellow halogens with LEDs. I couldn’t find any video on youtube. Thanks.
There is a nice writeup somewhere where a member replaced all interior lights with LEDs. He shows how to remove that housing. It's definitely the toughest in the car to remove. Just work at the front of the rectangular housing (facing the front windshield) with a small flat head screwdriver. There is basically a small lip in there that you need to press in just enough to release the housing. Many curse words were used during my first time removing mine. Now I can do it in seconds. My first time removing it, I bent the housing behind the plastic faceplate, but fear not, you can easily bend it back afterwards. Just be careful not to scratch up your plastic housing or worse, rip or stain your headliner. Use a very small flathead screw driver that is clean. A plastic pry tool will not be able to provide enough force in the small spot that you need to press. (I tried it with several pry tools) Mini flat head is the way to go.
Appreciate 0