View Single Post
      01-03-2014, 03:05 AM   #11
Dilbert2402
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30e

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwickberg View Post
I have found it best to get an electronic copy and print out what you need, when you need it. I have an old laptop in the garage, just for shop related work, etc. on it i can access all sorts of info, youtube video that show techniques and short cuts, etc.

Figure out what you need for all your maintenance and then go to

https://www.bmwtis.com/

This is BMW's on line info for all that you need...You can get access for 24 hours for $30... pretty reasonable and completely up to date...Should be able to download what you need and save it as a pdf. Alternate for parts, (and also free) is realoem.com... put your last 7 of your VIN in and every part and corresponding number for your specific vehicle is listed... It takes some getting used to to figure out how BMW classifies some things but I use the graphics options that show pictures.

I think the last book style service manual i've used was at least 5 or 6 years ago. Doubtful that any hard copy books will be coming out anytime soon as most of what BMW publishes is copywrited and cars these days have gotten a bit complicated and updated each year to make such a broad manual.

You will find that BMW is not that unlike many EU car companies when it comes to service related stuff... Most have gone to cloud or on line based documents
Just wondering if full wiring diagrams are included in the information via this subscription service? That more than anything else would be worth $30. Even if it's not possible to convert the pages to a pdf format any program like Greenshot can capture sections, regions or complete windows and print them out
Appreciate 0