Thread: Delivered!
View Single Post
      01-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #20
dimitris33
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

About the chrome strip, the dealer told me that it is very hard to be extended upto the rear small window because the whole window has to come off and generally they have to re-assemble many many parts which I dont like on a new car. The strip was an extra and did not come from the factory as it is not an option for the sdrive.

About the power, I fully loaded the car with my wife, luggages, freediving equipment, fresh oranges, lemons, wines, grapefruits, olives, fish, meat and others from my country side hometown. Rear seats down to make space for all of that. I drove back to town for 400km and never felt the feeling of not enough power. Car is amazingly stable on the snake roads and that was a great surprise! Power is more than sufficient for upto 140km speed, thereafter you feel a little powerless. Consumption was 8.9lt unloaded with smooth driving and 9.4lt fully loaded with a little aggressive driving.

I'm also thinking removing the roof rails as it is on plan to put on a Thule box. So with the roof rails the box will be much higher (which restricts me to put car in the garage) than with the classic roof bars which will be lower.

Generally I'm very satisfied with the driving and performance of the car apart from the vibrations explained on an other thread which will be hopefully resolved soon and the spray on the whole rear of the car on wet roads. Mud flaps will solve the problem but I dont like them a lot...

Side note: I washed it yesterday! :-PPP
Appreciate 0