View Single Post
      01-28-2014, 11:55 PM   #3
back2bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royleblue View Post
My money's on the iPod being the problem. I haven't got my BMW yet but I have seen the problem with my Tiguan. I did have issues with my old iPod classic which would reboot if I hadn't used the car for a few days but I put that down to a failing battery as it got worse to the point every time I turned the engine off it rebooted. However I now have a new iPod classic which normally carries on at the point it left off, but I have seen it start again with the first song and once last week it was not showing on the radio display although the iPod was showing as connected. Strangely I have not seen any problems with an iPod Nano. Maybe it's a difference between the Classic and the Nano. What type of iPod do you have?
Hope this helps.
Hey thanks for responding. Yes I'm working off an 80gb classic. I am leaning towards the iPod being the problem as well. It's been my "car iPod" for a while now starting with my c250, then sitting in my E350 and now with the X1. I don't use it for anything else so it sits in the car whether in heat or cold so maybe just the elements alone has damaged it along with Father Time! But I appreciate your input. Probably going to check eBay out for a used Classic
Appreciate 0