View Single Post
      03-20-2014, 06:00 AM   #4
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Four years ownership, and runflats

My car is coming up to four years old and I'm finding it very difficult to decide what to purchase next as it has been a trouble free four years of car ownership. I'm going to look at the Porsche Macan in a few weeks time, and BMW are convinced that I would like the new electric hybrid, I'm not at all sure but will try to keep an open mind. At present it looks like another year of ownership of the X1 is on the cards.

Regarding the runflats I've never been 100% sure how I feel about not having a spare wheel, tyre, and jack. Now I'm a little clearer, two weeks ago the tyre pressure monitoring system informed me I had lost pressure in a tyre. The road I was driving had no safe stopping places and I had no alternative but to continue driving. Even with a conventional spare tyre I would not have been able to stop and change it.

The nearest tyre centre was six miles away and I got there with no problems. The rear nearside tyre had a large nail in it. It was removed, the hole plugged and within a short time I was on my way again having spent £17 on the repair Had the tyre needed changing it would have cost £270 plus a wait of a day as the tyre centre didn't carry them in stock........
Appreciate 0