View Single Post
      07-28-2014, 05:11 AM   #1
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

opening/closing windows and moonroof with key fob & manual shifting in 8sp automatic

When I lock my car with the key fob and if I have windows/moonroof open, I have to keep pressing the lock key until all gets fully closed which is quite frustrating as this all can take sometime and if I release the lock button in the middle, all this closing stops as well and there are occasions when I left it in the park not closing them fully. Is it possible to make them continue closing once it starts so that one don't have to stay there pressing the button and to confirm all's closed?

Also, I noticed that while manually shifting in 8 speed automatic gearbox at around 2000 rpm it revs till 2500+ rpm before going to the shifted gear. Similarly, if I do it in 2500 rpm it goes to 3000 or even more before shifting. So, it revs around 500+ rpm before shifting. I shift with the accelerator still applied. I guess this is the right way coz if I don't there's an unpleasant jerk, noise etc specially while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. This is my first automatic gearbox so please bear with me if my question sounds lame

And quite occasionally I have noticed a severe jerkiness (car moves back & forth heavily) while trying to accelerate from 1st gear. This happens only in manual shifting and when the car is in motion and slows down and the gear drops to M1 and then I try to accelerate. Am I doing sth wrong or is it the turbo thing? BTW, i'm only driving sdrive18d M Sport without any performance mods

Edit: Also, with the reverse park assist mirror, is there a way to reconfigure it as while parking on a sloped area it kinda becomes useless?

jaeezzy...

Last edited by jaeezzy; 07-30-2014 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 0