10-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #70
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme View Post
Son.

1. I have been to europe many many times. I can tell you they know what American M package looks like. Because those cosmetic parts, european market actually gets it earlier than US counter part.
The European X1 x35i M Sport is totally different than the US one. You know how I know? Because the Europeans don't even get the X35i.

Quote:
2. You do realize that X5M comes with a lot more equipment and features as compare to regular X5 right?
You do realize that the X1 35i M Sport comes with a lot more equipment and features compared to the regular X1, right?

Quote:
3. Just because both uses ZF 6 speed automatic. does that automatically means that they are the same transmission??? You want to go take a look?
Please, they are more similar than different. The same transmission in the X1 M Sport has been proven to handle 500lbft TQ just fine - actually, it handles the torque BETTER than the dual clutch setup in the 1M does, which is known to begin slipping in the 400's. Do your research.

Quote:
4. M sport suspension? please tell me you are not serious. As a former owner of 135i M sport, I can tell you that 1M rear suspension is different from M sport. In fact the rear differential and rear suspension came from E92 M3 and shares none of the 135i M sport rear.
Congratulations, good thing we're not talking about the 135.

Quote:
M tires?
Let me tell you something.

My 135i M sport came with so so tire. Potenza RE050.
The 1M came with PS2, which is much better than RE050.
No, let me tell you something. My X1 M Sport comes with 19 inch Pirelli P-Zero's - equivalent to the PS2 and much better than Potenze RE050. Once again, do your research.

Quote:
M DTC software-
Last time i check, my 135i does not have MDM nor does it allows me to change the timing of throttle response.
That's great; but again I think you're confused and are in the wrong thread. The 135 forum is that way ------------>. My X1 M's throttle response absolutely changes in sport and on BMW's own damn website it mentions bespoke DTC software that allows a much greater power split to the rear, drastically reducing understeer along with the M Sport suspension.

And that's not even mentioning performance control, which independently corner brakes and redirects power on the fly to induce controllable over-steer - yet another thing that the normal X1 doesn't have.

Quote:
You can put on any badge you like. I don't care. But please don't over estimate M- badge cosmetic parts.
You're the only one talking about cosmetic parts.

But hey. I would say "Enjoy your M5," but I just realized you can't even drive it without the engine blowing up. Some awesome M engineering right there!!!

Last edited by paradoxical3; 10-30-2012 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0