05-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #25
bluejay_el
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHawks View Post
How you all perceive the "value" of the X1? Loading up a 35i, you're looking at $45K-$46K with a negotiated discount. Is that a good value considering what you get? The 28i brings the cost down, but I'm trying to gauge whether the cost of the car, the technology in the car (still an E series, not F) justify the sticker price.

I used to drive a coupe. Then after buying a house and getting a dog, the 2-door car with a small trunk wasn't working for me anymore. I needed to get an entry level SUV. It went down between a loaded CX-5 and an X-1 (yes, most wouldn't even consider it as an apples to apples comparison). After test driving both, I couldn't say no to X1's hydraulic steering paired with great handling, for a utilitarian vehicle, despite the over $10k jump from CX-5's price tag

Lemme ask you this... do you think a loaded F31, which is probably $10K more than a loaded E84 28i justify the sticker price? IMHO, I don't think F isn't always a better value than E. I've heard people would prefer getting now the E84 before the F84 rolls out.

With the 4 years maintenance free, decent gas mileage, and if you take advantage of the European delivery and/or performance center delivery, for X1's sticker price, i think that is one of BMW's best valued car

Last edited by bluejay_el; 05-09-2014 at 08:35 AM..
Appreciate 0