Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
So is the rumored X1M now simply an X1 M35i?

Does this mean the rumored X3M will also only live under the M Performance family as an X3 M35i?
Given the costs in developing an X1M have proved impossible to support a business case. The M Performance X1 is seen as the next best thing.

Sharing the engine from the upcoming M135i Sporthatches will give the X1 M35i Sports car like performance and even so with the security of BMW xDrive.
The best thing is that the X1 is a great driving vehicle , compact and especially good to throw about in the snow. X1 M35i adds that little extra performance and M-engineered enhancements to make an already great car into even more exciting one.

There are plans for M Performance vehicles of the X3 and X4 which given their entry segment status could use a more powerful four cylinder diesel application.

The M Performance vehicles will be a substantial profit maker for BMW M Division. BMW M Performance will allow concepts you do not think of as M's to bring some level of Performance to their segment. Whilst allowing actual M cars to flourish more in Performance, innovation and individuality.

The M badge will be applied to the X3M as one cannot exist without the other and the other being the BMW X4.
Soon to appear in testing for the first time utilising the same element of disguise that kept the E71 X6 roofline from being discovered at first.

The X4 is seen as BMW's direct challenger to the upcoming Porsche Macan with the X4 inheriting its larger brother's swooping Coupe roofline and proportions but condensed to give a very distinctive commanding and athletic looking all-wheel-drive sports car.

The X4M will also inherit a distinctive appearance and Performance from the upcoming BMW M3/M4 along with some other technology which provides the X4M to be the most road orientated all-wheel-drive M model yet.
So basically if my dream car is a Super performance compact sedan with AWD my best bet will be an X4M because Audi just said they are not going to make a RS4 sedan and Mercedes doesn't make an AWD AMG sedan either.

X1 M35i or X4M. Probably a $20k price difference.
Appreciate 0