03-02-2011, 05:56 AM   #14
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by melts View Post

By the way, feeling that the car is a little bumpy and read somewhere that RFT requires the suspension to be a little firmer (hence the bumpy ride). What's your take on this folks?
Nope, don't think there is any difference in suspension setup. I have two sets of tyres for my X1, RFT summer tyres and non-RFT winter tyres. A lot has been said about the comfort of RFTs but I can tell you I cannot feel any difference between the two on 17" rims. Historically though the RFT's have been harder as they have much thicker tyre side walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melts View Post

One more question: some folks have changed their RFT to normal tires and experienced better mileage compared to RFT… but I've read somewhere that using normal tires would result in the indicator not being accurate… is that true?
Again, I have found the opposite to be true. My Goodyear winter non-RFTs are giving me a slightly higher consumption than my Pirelli summer RFT's. This could be because I also run the heaters, etc more in winter so on a whole I would say no difference.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0