View Single Post
      04-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #41
bjotings
Norway
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Just ordered mine a couple days ago, estimated date is mid-June.
As far as I could find, there was a big problem with the chrome finish in the roof rails, and that delayed the entire production line - the sellers told me, if I wanted the aluminum rails the delay would be over 3 months (at least, and not guaranteed not to be even more!)

As I went for a black 23d I didn't mind choosing the X-Line and the regular black roof bars.

As it was already said, here in Portugal - though we're in the EEC - our prices are about 10k € over what you pay in Spain or Germany. Free market my ***!
We have a specific "car tax" that you must pay even if you buy the car elsewhere, and for years we had (and still have!) to pay VAT tax over that "car tax" - tax over tax! - which is illegal, but they keep doing it!

Just recently did the European Union put an end to this, after complaints to the European Court, but our government already found a way around it to keep charging the same amount for the cars.
(It's actually insane, when you consider the average wage is several times less here than in Germany, and about half of what you get in Spain - but you still have to pay more for the cars!)

Well, at least now all I have to do is wait for mine - they said they would keep me updated on any change of the delivery date.

I also got the 8% regular discount they give for companies with over 9 cars (and a bit more - considering I went for almost "full-extras" It is indeed a lot of money, but after test driving it... I knew this was the car I wanted to drive for the next years!
Finally I got some good news for my X1 20dA with Xline and aluminum roof rails. Production start on my X1 will be in week 20, and delivery estimated in week. 24 (It was ordered in week 2). Over the past 3 weeks BMW has has cut the estimated production start from week 32 to 20.

BTW:
I was in a period searching at www.mobile.de for alternative solutions to a new car - and I did play around in the search options of nearly 1000 uded X1 cars:

Car color:
Black 43 %
White 21 %
Brown 13 %
Silver 11 %
Blue 6 %
Grey 4 %
Red 1 %
Green 0,2 %

Appreciate 0