View Single Post
      11-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #75
xirsteon
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
Aren't those deposits refundable? For our car we put down the deposit but with the caveat of seeing (and being satisfied with) all the paperwork and the physical shape of the car (actually had them put it on a lift and have me look around asking questions).

If we didn't like something we pull out of the deal and get our deposit back.

Also, deposits are usually accepted with credit cards, so you get points.
I agree w/all your points. There's nothing really stopping them from selling the car to another buyer who is paying more / financing w/them before my arrival. Half the time, it's all about their making more $$ out of your debt. This has happened to people I know who drove 3 hours only to find the car sold with deposit down.
I know I could put down a deposit via a credit card, I just don't want to give into any psychological advantage because I'm already interested in the vehicle. Putting down a deposit is more or less playing into their hands and since I'm bringing my own financing, there's no incentive for me to succumb to their pressure game. It becomes incredibly hard to get a refund from some of these dealers at times. Sure I can file a dispute with my cc company but I'd rather not go that route just for my own peace of mind.

I'll play the waiting game for now. Worse case scenario, i will get another one.
Appreciate 0