View Single Post
      05-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #25
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
The stop tech kit would be worth every penny. That's my alternate route if the M3 stuff won't fit.

Have you changed your fluid to say a 600?
Yes, running the Motul RBF 600 fluid.

I think that on this car the stoptech kit may indeed be worth the money because of weight. I noticed that even with the Performance Friction pads and motul fluid, once I started driving more aggressively on the track I noticed some fade. I had to back it down and be more conservative, otherwise I would go off the track at the end of the back straight. That's why my top speed in the 1:48 video was only 128mph, whereas I have other laps with a 134 top speed. That's a ton of time to leave on the table just because of brakes, probably 2 seconds.

The issue is with the stoptechs is, my local performance shop who takes care of me has always given me excellent pricing on everything - including the JRZ. But on the stoptech, it seems that some online vendors are actually selling them at break even or even losing money. My local shop wants $500 more than the online quote - that's a ton of money just to support them, but on the other hand they hook me up with things like free dynos, dirt cheap labor, free code reading, amazing pricing on the JRZ, etc. So I need to see if I can justify dropping the extra $500 on them when I already am spending more than is probably sensible on this build.
Appreciate 0