View Single Post
      03-26-2021, 11:09 PM   #89
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i xDrive 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassrebel View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I probably am!) but, wouldn't that just affect the way it charges the battery? Would it also affect how it distributes the electricity through the car?

I just changed the ah of the battery from 80ah AGM to 80ah. Anything else I need to do?
If you wanted to be extra OCD and cautious, I'd take the battery to autozone/pep boys/oreillys to test the battery health. If you want to skip getting the battery tested, maybe just go on a moderate drive for 30-40 minutes and then start to apply more and more throttle until you build up to WOT and hopefully misfire free as you incrementally apply more throttle. I'm no electrical or ECU/DME guru, so don't know how AGM vs non-AGM would affect the cars electrical distribution, but I've just read on the BMW forums not having the correct battery coding could result in some wacky electrical issues and specifically misfire issues as well. And the coils are operated by electricity and sends an electrical ignition to your plugs so if you're not getting the proper voltage under high load at WOT, maybe it could be your issue. If this doesn't solve your issues, I'd have to say you have to try swapping the cylinder 4/5 coils with 1/2 cylinders to see if it's a coil issue, and also check the 4/5 cylinder spark plugs to see if those have abnormal wear like wheela suggested, and also get the battery tested if you skipped that part.