View Single Post
      09-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Jabloomf1230
Rep
Drives: 72 3.0CS, 05 330xi, 13 X1 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bottle View Post
Guys you do not need a y cable to store i tunes or any tunes on the hard drive, you need a USB stick and the tunes need to be in MP3 format. I purchased a y cable to play tunes from the i phone into the i drive system, but stored on the phone, but the whit Apple i phone original cable works far better (displays cover art) and is far cheaper..free
Since you are talking about cover art, you must have the Technology Package. I can tell you for sure that the Apple dock-USB connectors do not work in cars without the Tech Package. When I bought my X1, the dealer gave me the BMW USB cable, as he said the iPhone would not work with the Apple cable. (Of course I had read previous threads about this issue, heh heh, so I knew enough to ask.)

Also, there is some confusion about X1 Bluetooth and iPhones, mostly because some people have the Tech Package (Option ZTP with extended Bluetooth) and the rest have just the base Bluetooth which will only work in phone mode. With the base Bluetooth, all you can do is make and answer phone calls, none of the iPhone's apps will output via the car's audio system. If anyone has a 2013 US X1 with just the base Bluetooth and can use the non-telephone audio output of the iPhone (or any smart phone for that matter) via Bluetooth, I'd be interested in hearing how you did it.
Appreciate 0