View Single Post
      01-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #9
zero-2-sixty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeF4y View Post
The Juke is not a bad car for what it is. Thing is, what it is - is not a BMW. LOL.

Plus side for the Juke:
AWD
Fully loaded incl heated leather, Nav, backup cam, keyless operation & some trim accessories $27k OTD
Small, perfect city-driving 4-door car
4 cyl turbo had decent get up (still no comparison to the X1 35i)

Downsides (aside from it not being a BMW):
* Turbo lag.. ugh.. It's like the turbo was delivered via parcel post. Step on the gas and in 4-6 weeks you'd get some turbo.
* Fuel economy was atrocious. For a small 4-cyl, I was surprised to be getting low 20's on the hwy
* Handling in the wet was absolutely horrible. Every other juke owner I talked to complained of this as well. I think it is a combination of suspension and weight distribution.

Overall, it's not a bad car and has considerable options/amneties for the price-point.

My biggest reason for coming back to the BMW is that the attention-to-detail that BMW provides simply cannot be overlooked once you've had one.
I've driven her Juke many times in the wet and the Juke AWD has been great. Then again she has Pirelli Pzero Nero tires. Fuel economy has been questionable on the Jukes as many pro reviewers have stated as well. Ride is harsh on bad roads though. The vehicle has been absolutely reliable and no problems. Overall, you are right it's a good ride especially for city dwellers looking in the non luxury sub $30k and fully loaded with options.
Appreciate 0