05-09-2015, 09:53 PM   #144
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix View Post
Looks to me like you are out there embarrassing some sports cars
Yes...but then that blue Miata was out there embarrassing me! He was wickedly fast in the corners.

10/10ths Motorsports in general is a wonderful organization to run with. There are tons of fast cars and even more fast drivers. What I like about them is that I usually am not the fastest car out there (usually in the upper third of the run group), where as with BMWCCA or PCA I am usually the fastest. It gives me much more opportunities to practice skills like passing in corners, on-track awareness, planning passes in advance, learning how to be passed safely and consistently, etc. The red Camaro was about the same as me or a little faster, and the C5 Corvette was faster than me as well. 10/10ths doesn't tolerate trains of traffic or poor driver awareness, so it is a lot more fun to run with them compared to any other group I have been with. Not to mention the people are all great as well.

For this track, the corner that gave me the most problem was turn 7. It is a hard braking zone followed by an extremely tight slow-speed right hander. My problem was that I could not get my braking right - either too fast or too slow. I think part of this might be with the way my pads are set up - in the front I have PFC01 (super aggressive) and in the rear I have PFC08 (slightly less aggressive). I think this is shifting brake bias too much to the front and overloading the front tires, reducing overall grip. I am going to try switching to PFC11 in the rear soon. This was really the only corner where people made up significant time on me, but it is at least 1 second and possibly two.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 05-09-2015 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0