View Single Post
      03-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Hi Happy Days Vitlovski,
I had XT Forester, same WRX motor plus many other petrol performance ones. Even one the Yanks would love a 1971 Falcon Phase 3. Hate to mention as sold before it was worth container loads of money.
Your 23d would have been perfect. Guess I should have waited like you and got a used one, thus avoiding the $4000 dealer delivery, huge cost of accessories and the taxes that go with buying a new car. Would love to pay USA prices. Who's to argue the wife wanted new and we intend keeping a long time.
My warranty runs out Dec. this year so a properly installed chip will give me the 23d power + some more even though my 20d has good power for a Aust. conditions.
I average 5L Highway and 7L around town and am using Vortex Premium Diesel Fuel. Actually when we picked up new in Brisbane and drove around 5 hours home up north got 5.7L/100Km's but don't know what fuel they had in our new car. 1'st home fill up we started using premium.
Went to Sunshine Coast year later for 1'st Service and got 4.7, 4.8, 4.9/100Km's there and back, freeway/highway driving up to 110 kmh speed limits. 2 friends said BS that's electric/hybyrd consumption so a $50 each bet was made that I wouldn't do more than 6.5 - 7.0L. Well 2 hours on the H/Way and pretty high with foot to the floor passing speeds so they wouldn't complain about cruising speeds. They Lost. Worst was 6.2l/100Km's. They are still coming to grips with the consumption and power of the 20d motor.
I'm an old guy and would be happy with maybe a warranted, properly installed chip, even at $1300 cost. A good set of Wheels/Rims which I have. Possible lowering and a better looking tip for the exhaust if Mods. cant be done. Bendix Aust. now have low dust Brake Pads for the X1. I intend to give BMW Service to put on when mine need replacing. Still inquiring about Rotors .
It would be good to have a Diesel Thread.
Appreciate 0